10 things you might not know about this race..
1. Fabius, NY is not at the end of the Earth…more
2. We have moved mountains to accommodate you. Muhammad Ali says, It isn’t the mountains ahead to climb that wear you out; it’s the pebble in your shoe. So check your shoes before the start and don’t’ worry about it. By design the course runs through beautiful valleys with majestic “mountain” views. The total elevation change is comparable to the Syracuse Half. And for Mountain Goat fans, its a run in the park.
3. We promise to keep the cows off the roads and not spread manure that weekend. Roads will be closed for the race, so there will be no moooooooving over.
4. Our small town army of volunteers will treat you like a rock star…still more
5. Our post-race food feast is just that and has received five star reviews from world-renowned chefs that you have not even heard off.
7. It’s a great way to warm up for The Empire Marathon on 10.20.13.
8. Yes ,it is true this race was started by a bunch of old guys, from an era where “marathon” was only mentioned in Olympic years and running gear meant a pair of P.F Flyers…even more
9. Don’t wait ‘til the cows come home, register by 7.1.13 and the Half Marathon is only $55. But that’s not the best part. The best part is . . . . .
10. We give really good cash prizes
If none of the above move you to particpate and you don’t even have a pair of P.F Flyers, we have a ZERO K, surely one of a kind. Donate $25 or more, which we humbly encourage, to a Central New York School through the CNY BREAD Run, get a t-shirt, join the festivities, hang out with the runners and live vicariously without breaking a sweat! And if you don’t even want to get out of bed that morning go ahead and make a donation. anyway. We promise we will think about you and your good deed all day long.
In closing one last thing to address: What the heck, does the name CNY Bread Run have to do with anything?…Explain
Look at is this way. There are two other ways bread fits into this scenario. You can win the “Bread”, in cash prizes, and give the “Bread” to schools throughout CNY in your registration fee. For a little history of bread and money click here.
Keep checking this website for updates. But if you just can’t wait or just want to talk send an e-mail. We will get back to you ‘cause the old guys do that really well.