Race Day – 9.24.17
10 things you might not know about this race..
1. Fabius, NY is not at the end of the Earth…No excuses,
2. We’ve had a MAJOR CHANGE of scenery! New 10 Mile Course . . . just as fun and fast . . . just a different point of view!
3. We promise to keep the cows off the roads and not spread manure that weekend. Roads will be closed for the race, so there will be no moooooooving over.
4. Our small town army of volunteers will treat you like a rock star…still more
5. Our Silent Auction is an excellent opportunity to do some really early Holiday shopping, or just pick up some great deals on all kinds of merchandise and services..
7. We have moved mountains to accommodate you. Muhammad Ali says, It isn’t the mountains ahead to climb that wear you out; it’s the pebble in your shoe. So check your shoes before the start and don’t worry about it. By design the course runs through beautiful valleys with majestic “mountain” views. The total elevation change is half the elevation of the Syracuse Half, and for Mountain Goat fans, it’s a run in the park.
8. Yes ,it is true this race was started by a bunch of old guys, from an era where “marathon” was only mentioned in Olympic years and running gear meant a pair of P.F Flyers…even more
9. Don’t wait ‘til the cows come home, register by 9.1.17 and the 10 Mile Race is only $45. But that’s not the best part. The best part is . . . . .
10. We give really good cash prizes
If you are not a runner but believe in healthy lifestyles and encouraging our youth to get up and get moving, please make a Donation. Donations will allow us to encourage and promote the benefits of getting up and running as well as underwrite the registrations of children in need. We promise we will think about you and your good deed all day long.
What the heck, does the name CNY Bread Run have to do with anything?…Explain
Look at is this way. There are two other ways bread fits into this scenario. You can win the “Bread”, in cash prizes, and give the “Bread” to schools throughout CNY in your race registration fee or by making a donation. For a little history of bread and money click here.
Keep checking this website for updates. But if you just can’t wait, or just want to talk, send an e-mail. We will get back to you ‘cause the old guys do that really well.